Life test method and result analysis for slewing ring bearings
- Nov 06, 2018 -
Slewing ring bearings generally consist of the rotational connection between two substructures and are usually used for complex load at very low speeds. If the slewing ring bearing has some faults during the working lifecycle, the machine will have to be stopped and the slewing ring bearing will be disassembled for checking the internal surface damage of the rings or rolling elements to prevent serious accidents. However, this is a very difficult process and will cost a lot of manpower, time, and money. Although there is a large number of traditional or modern techniques used widely in general bearings, they may not be able to predict the remaining service life of slewing bearings precisely due to the huge difference between the general bearings and the slewing bearings, thus, the experiments are the most effective and reliable methods. In this paper, a special test table for slewing bearings applied in wind turbine generators is presented and an accelerating fatigue life test method based on the test equipment is proposed to study the fatigue properties and predict the remaining service life of the slewing bearings used in wind turbines. It is shown that the presented test equipment can realistically reflect the state of slewing bearings under the actual working conditions. What’s more, the experimental results show that the proposed method is conservative and provides a more accurate prediction of the fatigue life for the slewing bearings and also can meet the high reliability requirements of the slewing bearings in wind turbines.
Keywords: Slewing bearing, life test method, equivalent load, fatigue-carrying capacity, service life
Related Industry Knowledge
- Definition of slewing bearing
- Use of slewing bearing crossed roller bearings
- Two common aspects of the inflexibility of the ...
- Slewing bearing rotation inflexible elimination...
- What are the steps to properly install the slew...
- Slewing ring should be installed under no load ...
- Slewing drive features
- Slewing drive classification
- Three advantages of rotary drive
- Winter maintenance rotary drive should start fr...
- slewing bearing application
- slewing drive calculation
- slewing ring bearing application area
- Slewing ring bearings installation guide
- slewing drive types
- slewing drive functions
- slewing drive features
- Inner ring and outer ring for slewing ring
- Introduction of forging
- How is a Tower Crane Built